Sunday, March 14, 2010







Long time since my last post...Samson is now a solid 30lbs by estimate.  Both ears are up completely, as you can see...and he met some ducks :).  Those are from today.  The one at the bottom is from a couple days earlier...his stuffed bear is not going to last too much longer, hehe.

I took him to visit Taylor University, where my sister is attending...he had a great time, enjoyed meeting people, and got many comments about how pretty he was...and how well-behaved he was!  Very quiet, and I probably would never have needed a leash.  I didn't use one while I was indoors.  He was very glad when I set up his cage (I stayed overnight) since that was familiar to him.  He slept for the whole trip there and back. I had a few questions about whether I'd trained him to do something...I was able to smile and say "nope, he does that naturally."

What else, hmm...he is no longer scared of the puppy in the mirror.  I wouldn't really say he was ever scared, but he didn't like it.  He still finds Jake intimidating...he is a 90lb German Shepherd who can pull me around.  Not easy to control!  Yesterday while doing chores, since Tim was gone, I was letting Jake run around, and he jumped into the calf pen after me (he will not do this if Tim is doing chores), and within seconds was covered in calf shit from the neck down.  Disgusting.  I was scared to death that he was going to get hurt or killed, calves would get hurt, or loose...luckily I got him out of there before anybody got hurt or injured.  He got hosed off, and did not enjoy it.  Good.  Misbehaving like that (he knows he is not to get in with the calves), he can just deal with being miserable for a bit!

Back to Samson...check my youtube account (DarkLink2135) within the next day or two, I'll upload a video of him howling in response to a husky (on video)...a few other older videos of him that I never got uploaded.

He took his vet appointment on the 1st very well...I don't think he even noticed he got a shot.  However, after having ample opportunities to poop, he decided to do so in the pet store...oops!  I guess everywhere else smelled like other dogs to him...new smells, all that excitement.  He is slowly being transferred right now to a grain-free diet.  His current food is very high quality but I feel it is too high in grain content.  He doesn't seem to have a preference; he eats whatever I put in his bowl.

Some of the duck pictures aren't that great, I know, it is so hard to get good pictures of him unless the sun is shining, as he doesn't like to sit still for the camera.  Overcast day, so...that's as good as we get :).

No comments:

Post a Comment